Culinary and Pastry Apprenticeships
Cost—$10,000 total / $5,000 per year
$300 nonrefundable deposit which is applied to tuition costs
Culinary – 4,000 Hours
|Vegetable, Starch & Pasta||600|
|Soup & Sauce||520|
|Pantry & Cold Foods||600|
|Baking & Pastry||240|
Pastry – 4,000 Hours
|Pastry Shop Orientation||120|
|Related Kitchen Production||200|
|Lead Pastry Cook||160|
Program Selection Criteria
- Applicants shall be high school graduates, or equivalent, with an eligible starting age no less than 17 years or state requirement.
- All applicants must also meet the specific requirements as stated by the PA DOL.
- Applicants must be physically fit to perform the work of the trade and may be subject to a medical examination prior to being employed.
- The apprentices shall satisfy the Committee that they have the ability and the aptitude to master the rudiments of the trade.
- Previous work experience is not a prerequisite for entering this apprenticeship program; however, previous work experience may be one aspect considered during the selection process.
- Must meet any other entrance requirement determined by the apprenticeship committee.
Certifications student are able to test for and obtain through the program:
Chef Supervisory Management Certification
Chef Nutrition Certification
Chef Sanitation and Safety Certification
ACF Certified Culinarian
ACF Certified Sous Chef
ACF Certified Pastry Cook
ACF Certified Working Pastry Culinarian
ACFEF – Certified Program
LCCTC’s program will align with the ACF apprenticeship training program, which has been designed to provide future culinarians entering the workplace with comprehensive training in the practical and theoretical aspects of work required in a highly skilled profession.
Ready To Learn How To Apply?
For more information regarding the apprenticeships including how to apply, please contact:
Adult Education Program Coordinator
(717) 273-8551 ext. 2185 or email@example.com.